Luis G. Stelzner
Mr. Stelzner’s practice is concentrated primarily in the areas of litigation and mediation. He holds an AV preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America and in Southwest Super Lawyers as one of the top 25 lawyers in New Mexico for 2007 through 2010.
Since going into private practice in 1985, Mr. Stelzner has litigated in a wide variety of subject matter areas, including personal injury litigation, mass tort and complex commercial cases, class actions, employment law, insurance coverage and bad faith, commercial litigation, products liability, white collar criminal defense and redistricting.
He has conducted more than 2,000 mediations, including contract and other commercial disputes, employment claims, products liability claims, insurance coverage and bad faith, medical and legal malpractice, natural resources, oil and gas, real estate, and personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Mr. Stelzner is a founding member of the firm.Read Extended Bio
- Survey of New Mexico Law 1984-1985 Criminal Law, (Co-Authored with Jeff Buckels), 16 N.M. L. Rev. 9, 1985
- Survey of New Mexico Law 1981-1982 Criminal Procedure, 13, N.M.L. Rev. 341, 1983
- The Guilty but Mentally Ill Verdict and Plea in New Mexico, 13 N.M.L. Rev. 99, 1983
- Search & Seizure Outlines of Federal and New Mexico Law, (A Practitioners Manual), Co-Authored
with Michelle Hermann 1982, 2d 1983
- Survey of New Mexico Law 1980-1981 Criminal Procedure, 12 N.M.L. Rev. 271, 1982
- The Fourth Amendment: History, Reasonableness and the Warrant Clause, 10 N.M.L. Rev. 33, 1979
- Immigration Manual for Foreign Students, (Co-Authored with Professor William MacPherson), 1984
- Professor, University of New Mexico School of Law, 1983 - 1985
- Associate Professor, University of New Mexico School of Law, 1980 - 1983
- Assistant Professor, University of New Mexico School of Law, 1977 - 1980
- Effective Mediation, State Bar of New Mexico, May, 1998
- From Pinstripes to Prison Stripes, State Bar of new Mexico, November, 1999
- Evidence/Trial Practice, University of New Mexico, October, 1998 - November, 1998
- Mediation Seminar, Hispanic National Bar Association, October, 1998
- Bridge the Gap Seminar, State Bar of New Mexico, October, 1998
- Ethics: Beyond the Code, State Bar of New Mexico, December, 1996