Robert P. Warburton
As one of the founding member of the firm, Bob played an integral role in contributing to the firm’s success and prosperity over the past 10 years.
Bob’s plans in retirement revolve around traveling with his wife Sue, lowering his golf scores, camping and hiking in the wilderness areas in northwest Wyoming in warmer months, and ski-joring with this Siberian sled dogs in Grand Teton National Park during the winter months.
Mr. Warburton was born in 1952 in Concordia, Kansas. He graduated with honors from the University of Notre Dame with a major in government in 1975. Upon graduation, he was commissioned as an infantry officer in the United States Army, graduating with honors from the Infantry Officer basic course and U.S. Army Ranger School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He attended Georgetown University on an Army graduate fellowship, earning a masters degree in Russian Area Studies in 1977.
Prior to starting his legal career, Mr. Warburton served four years in Europe as a mechanized infantry platoon leader, company commander and aide-de-camp to the Assistant Division Commander for the Third Infantry Division. After leaving the service, he worked for five years as an Assistant Director of Admissions and International Studies at Central University of Iowa before attending law school. Mr. Warburton earned his J.D. degree from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 1990, again graduating with honors, including Order of the Coif and Phi Kappa Phi.
- Insurance Coverage for Employment Lawsuits, New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association, April 24th, 2000
- Discovery on New Mexico Bad Faith Litigation, National Business Institute, Albuquerque, October 24th, 2002
- Schwartz v. Coastal Physician Group, Inc., 172 F. 3d 63 (10th Cir. 1999)
- Fought v. UNUM Life Ins. Co. of Am., 379 F.3d 997 (10th Cir. 2004) cert denied
- Archdiocese of Santa Fe
- Bituminous Casualty Company
- Diocese of Gallup
- Deming Public Schools
- Crown Cork & Seal Company, Inc.
- Lexington Insurance Co.
- Trustmark Life Insurance Co.
- Jaynes Corporation
- Sandia Corporation
- North American Speciality Insurance Company
- Los Alamos National Security, LLC